What is Codeine Linctus Sugar-Free Cough Syrup?
Codeine Linctus is a cough syrup that can help to ease dry and/or tickly coughs. It can reduce the urge to cough while giving you a feeling free from irritation caused because of a persistent cough. It may suitable for those suffering from a dry cough and looking for another solution.
This Codeine Linctus Syrup contains 15mg of the active ingredient codeine phosphate in each dose.
Please read the product information leaflet and instructions on the packaging before taking this medicine.
What is a dry or tickly cough?
A dry or a tickly cough is the kind of a cough that doesn’t produce any mucus and usually clears up within 3 weeks. If you have a dry cough, you’ll notice an itchy or tickly feeling in the back of your throat that makes you want to cough.
This is caused by irritation in your airways, with the most common causes of cough including:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections, e.g. cold and flu, sinusitis, laryngitis
- Long-term conditions such as asthma or acute bronchitis
- Inhaling dust or stroke
- Allergies or hay fever
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infections, e.g. bronchitis, pneumonia
– The active ingredient is: Codeine Phosphate, 15 mg in each 5 ml
– The other ingredients are: sodium benzoate (E211), citric acid monohydrate, saccharin sodium (E954), sunset yellow (E110), sorbitol solution (E420), orange flavour, carboxymethylcellulose, propylene glycol and purified water
Can I take this product at the same time as other medication?
Codeine Linctus Sugar Free should not be taken at the same time as some other medicines, as they may interact. Speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you are taking any other medication, including those you obtained without a prescription, especially if you are taking any of the following:
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs), which are a type of antidepressant, e.g. Isocarboxazid (Marplan), Phenelzine (Nardil), Selegiline (Emsam)
- CNS depressants, e.g. chlorpromazine, diazepam (Valium)
- Anticholinergics, e.g. oxybutynin
- Neuromuscular blocking agents, e.g. atracurium
- Hypnotics (e.g. sleeping tablets) or sedatives
Can I drive after taking this medicine?
This medicine can cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not attempt to drive or use tools or machinery until you are sure that you are not affected by this medicine in this way.
Can I drink alcohol while I’m taking this cough medicine?
You should not drink alcohol after taking this cough medicine as it could increase drowsiness, making it more difficult to manage.
How to take this dry cough medicine
Take 1 x 5ml spoonful of Codeine Linctus Sugar Free syrup for each dose. Take up to 4 times a day, leaving at least 4 hours between each dose and making sure that you do not take more than 4 doses in any 24 hours.
This product is a controlled medicine.To prevent abuse, our pharmacists will need to confirm your identity. After you place an order, we will email you to share a photo ID.