What is it
Fast and effective replacement of lost water and body salts. Dioralyte is indicated for the replacement of essential body water and salts in the treatment of acute diarrhoea in infants, children and adults. Early use is important to avoid dehydration, particularly in the young and elderly.
Features of Dioralyte blackcurrant sachets:
Ideal for acute diarrhoea
Early usage to avoid dehydration
Blackcurrant flavoured sachets
How to use
- Dissolve contents of one Dioralyte sachet in 200ml (approx. 7 fl oz) of drinking water. Use fresh drinking water for adults and children. For infants, and where drinking water is unavailable, the water should be freshly boiled then cooled.
- The solution should be made up immediately before use. If refrigerated the solution may be stored for up to 24 hours, otherwise any solution remaining one hour after reconstitution should be discarded.
- Adults: One or two sachets after every loose motion (each sachet dissolved in 200ml of water).
- Children: One sachet after every loose motion.
- Infants (up to the age of 2): One to one and a half times the normal 24-hour feed volume using Dioralyte solution prepared as directed above.
- Infants under the age of 2 years with diarrhoea should be seen by a physician as soon as possible
- Store below 25°C
- Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
- If the illness is not improving within 24-48 hours consult your doctor
Active ingredients: Sodium Chloride 0.47g, Potassium Chloride 0.30g, Glucose 3.56g, Disodium Hydrogen Citrate 0.53g. Also contains: Silicon Dioxide, Saccharin Sodium, Blackcurrant Flavour.