Believe it or not; Viagra (sildenafil) happens to be one of the most controversial and popular drugs. The small normal looking pill is known for its ability to help men with their erectile dysfunction (ED). If you too are suffering from erectile dysfunction and thinking about start taking Viagra for the first time, here’s the basic information that you must know. To see prices, you can click here.
What is it?
Viagra is used by men to treat their erectile dysfunction and sexual problems. It is used by men who cannot get an erection or sustain it due to the problem of erectile dysfunction. It improves the erectile response of a sexually stimulated man, but it does not provide sexual stimulation. In case of no sexual stimulation, it will not work.
It works by relaxing arteries and muscles of the penis, which helps to regulate the flow of blood to reach the penis. When aroused—and only when aroused— the combination of relaxation and increased blood flow helps fill the penis with blood. That’s how you’re able to achieve an erection.
After taking the tablet, the medication quickly starts working on your system and starts showing effect after about an hour, but for better result you can take it before 30 minutes to 4 hours of any sexual activity.
How to take it?
• Follow the recommended dose: The standard dose of Viagra for the treatment of erectile dysfunction is 50 mg but considering your case and other factors the doctor can prescribe you anywhere from 25 mg to 100 mg. It is important to understand that the irregular or high dose of the medicine can affect other part of body like your heart and lungs. So, it is necessary to stick to your prescribed dose.
• Take it on an empty stomach: Another thing you can do to maximize the result of the medicine is to take it empty stomach. You will surely get better results.
• Know the potential side effects: Like any other medicine, Viagra too has the risk of some potential side effects. So, it is very important to be aware of the risks and be sure about your medical safety. Talk to your doctor and make them aware about your medical history also don’t forget to ask questions and get all your doubts clear.
Side effects and Risks:
Some of the common side effects of Viagra are the following:
• upset stomach
• abnormal vision and blurred vision
• stuffy or runny nose
• back pain
• muscle pain
Other serious side effects. Here are the following:
• Priapism: Priapism is a medical condition where the erection don’t go away. If an erection lasts more than 4 hours, get medical help right then you need the medical help immediately as in this case Priapism can damage the tissues of your penis permanently.
• Sudden eyesight related issue: Viagra can also cause side effects on eye sight as suddenly you can face vision loss in one or both eyes can be a sign of a serious eye problem called non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION). You need to approach for immediate medical help if you face any such situation without any delay.
• Sudden hearing decrease or hearing loss. Some people may also face symptoms like ringing in their ears (tinnitus) or dizziness. If you have these symptoms or feel any kind of discomfort with your ears or hearing stop taking VIAGRA and contact a doctor right away.