What is it
Selsun Shampoo is a medicated shampoo used to treat dandruff and seborrhoeic dermatitis (a greasy, crusting, itching scalp caused by excess oil).
It works against dandruff in two ways:
– By reducing greasiness of the scalp and
– By slowing down growth of the layer of skin cells on the scalp that cause dandruff
Adults, (including elderly) and children over 5 years old
• Shake bottle well before use
• Wet the hair and then massage enough into your scalp to form a lather
• Leave for two to three minutes
• Rinse thoroughly
Selsun should be used twice a week for the first two weeks and then once a week for the next two weeks. After this first course of treatment, it should not be used more often than is needed to control your scalp condition.
Selsun Shampoo is not recommended for use in children under 5 years of age
If you accidentally swallow Selsun Shampoo, seek medical advice immediately. Swallowing Selsun Shampoo can cause you to feel sick or be sick.
If you have any further questions on how to take this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• Avoid contact with the eyes. If the shampoo does get in your eyes, wash immediately with lots of cold water
• Selsun is not to be ingested or eaten
• Do not leave the shampoo in contact with the hair or skin for more than the recommended duration as irritation, burning sensation or blistering may occur, and do not use more often than recommended
• Gold, silver and other metallic jewellery should be removed prior to use, as discolouration may occur
• Rinse thoroughly from the hair before dyeing, tinting, perming or chemical straightening
• It should not be used for 2 days before or after any of these hair treatments
• Take out hair grips and remove jewellery before use and avoid contact with metal surfaces
Pregnancy and Breast-feeding
You should not use Selsun Shampoo if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using any medicine.
Each 100ml of shampoo contains 2.5 g of the active ingredient Selenium Sulphide (selenium disulphide Ph. Eur).
The other ingredients are bentonite, titanium dioxide, citric acid, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, glyceryl monoricinoleate S, monoethanolamine lauryl sulphate, Empigen BB, perfume, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, purified water.