Cetirizine Hay fever and Allergy Symptom Relief Tablets are anti-histamine drugs generally used to treat allergic symptoms due to hay fever.
Cetirizine tablets and liquid that you buy from pharmacies and supermarkets can be taken by adults and children aged 6 and older.
Cetirizine 10 MG Tablets Uses
Cetirizine hydrochloride is the active ingredient of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets.
Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets is an antiallergic medication.
In adults and children aged 6 year and above, Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets are indicated
- for the relief of symptoms of hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis)
- for the relief of allergies such as dust or pet allergies (perennial allergic rhinitis), such as sneezing, itchy, runny and blocked nose, itchy, red and watery eyes.
- for the relief of swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin (symptoms of chronic idiopathic urticaria, which is also known as chronic nettle rash)
Cetirizine Tablets Warnings
Do not take Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets
- if you have a severe kidney disease (severe renal failure with creatinine clearance below 10 ml/min).
- if you are known to be allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substance of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets or any of the other ingredients of these tablets (these are listed below, in section 6 “Further information”).
- if you are known to be allergic (hypersensitive) to hydroxyzine (closely related active substances of other medicines).
- if you are known to be allergic (hypersensitive) to drugs from the piperazine family, for example buclizine, cyclizine, meclozine, levocetirizine.